Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been using the Lennox fold-up saw that takes the Sawzall blades for a couple years now to make my box cut-outs. I think a few of you all might own this saw too. They're around 35 dollars, which isn't real bad for as good as this saw performs. I was surprised to see the exact same saw at Wal-Mart the other day for 14 dollars, under the name 'MXZ Saw'. The one from Wal-Mart comes with the Remgrit type tungsten carbide grit blade, but it's the same exact as the Lennox saw. The mold markings and such are identical. Takes Sawzall blades too. The same saw for less than half the price. I picked up a couple. Just thought I should pass that along.

Pictured below is the MXZ Saw from Wal-Mart next to my Lennox saw I've had for a couple years:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I used to have one of the Lennox saws until someone swiped it. I think I saw that MXZ at Target, too. I wanted to pick it up but was unsure of the quality. Thanks for the comparison, MD, I'm going to get one tonight @ my daily visit to Target. (We do 90% of our shopping there, food and all.)

I've got this saw and like it a lot:
but I like the fold up feature.

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,516 Posts
Ill second that opinion. I own the MXZ saw and have used it for a year now... pretty good product - tho, there isnt much that can go wrong with it.

~Matt

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you used the blade it came with? Just picked one up tonight. The add claims it cuts brick, I'd hate to be the one to find out how long that takes!
I've used pretty much that same blade before. Remgrit, most people call them. They make similar hole saws too, which are good for plaster that would otherwise clean the teeth off a regular hole saw or sawzall blade. You might notice that the MXZ saw has an address where you can send in $4.95 to get new grit blades for life. That's a pretty good deal, since they're about a 5 dollar blade to begin with now, so 10 years from now they'll be more.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've had occasion to need to get into the space behind the brick veneer on a house when installing a new panel and needing additional circuits. One of the grit blades run in the morter allows the brick to be removed intact so you can work wire or flex down the cavity into the crawl space or basement, or make the cuts to install an exterior box. The blade in a reciprocating saw works well on masonary - but you're gonna spend $4.95 a lot of times if you do much of it. Still, if you need to cut the stuff ..........

Anyway, great handles too. Now, if the blade guys would come out with something as sharp and long lasting as the jab saws with the wood handles life'd be pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.