Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a student at a technical school and I am majoring in PLC's. We're wiring small motor relays. I was wondering if you guys had a way to remember the wiring set up for the contacts on the motor. I know you bring your stop to power and your start out the other side of start. Wire contact 7 neutral from your neutral line, contacts 1 and 3 are wired from you open (start) to energize a load with a switch, your 5 and 8 contacts are connected to your closed line (stop)??

·
zap
1,336 Posts
Hello,

I'm a student at a technical school and I am majoring in PLC's. We're wiring small motor relays. I was wondering if you guys had a way to remember the wiring set up for the contacts on the motor. I know you bring your stop to power and your start out the other side of start. Wire contact 7 neutral from your neutral line, contacts 1 and 3 are wired from you open (start) to energize a load with a switch, your 5 and 8 contacts are connected to your closed line (stop)??
I'm not sure what your asking? I would imagine you are speaking of the motor control circuit not the motor circuit? need some clarification

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you making a standard start-stop circuit for the contactor/overloads or are controlling them with a plc?
We are making stop-start circuits for a contactor, then wiring them up to be controlled by a PLC.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't follow what your asking?
Sounds like your describing the contacts on a standard 8-pin relay.
If I had to take a guess I would think you're using a relay as a substitute for a motor-starter for educational purposes.
Think we need more info...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts