Electrician Talk banner

PLC Ladder Logic for Newbies!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sdgates 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm excited to finish this blog post on PLC Ladder Logic! If you're new to PLCs, you need to be familiar with Ladder Logic.

Ladder Logic cannot be fully explained in one blog post, but this is a great place to start. And if you're ready for more after you read post, I've got a freebie for you to use as you learn Ladder Logic programming. Check it all out here: http://www.myplctraining.com/beginners-plc-overview-part-4-of-4-plc-ladder-logic/

#4 ·
That was very nice of you, and behalf of everyone here thanks. But...... as a old fart, I would like to add that ladder logic was important and around a whole lot longer than plc's have been. We just did things different using relays , and pot timer's, and limit switches instead of proximity sensors.....

Reactions: monkeyman11
#5 ·
I agree with you but the thing is PLC ladder logic is the same but different than hardwired relay logic. It's mainly a mental thing but here's and example: one of the hardest things hardwired people have in transitioning to PLC logic iwhen to programming for a normally closed switch or PB. A stop PB would be programmed as a NO contact in a standard 3-wire start/stop circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.