Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
They can't have it both ways.

Folks will have to elect new politicians to repeal the EPA mandates that are closing the power plants.

Or deal with being cut-off during periods of peak demand.

Either way, pay much higher $$$ for the same amount of electricity.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,669 Posts
They closed 2 generating plants here, laying off workers. Now they are axeing us to curtail consumtion during this polar thing.

Welcome to the New World Order. It only gets better and better...

Reactions: HARRY304E

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,516 Posts
They closed 2 generating plants here, laying off workers. Now they are axeing us to curtail consumtion during this polar thing.
They can suck a butt. Im charged for all the power I use, and in turn I will use as much FKing power as I want! even if my PG&E bill is $400 a month:(

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't understand why , when a power plant can sell more power, they'd be shutting down? ~CS~
Because its more cost effective to get rid of excessive employee's and remove the operating costs from the plant itself(if they aren't generating near peak they almost always kill the amount of profit from that plant). Meanwhile they can ramp up production at other plant's and levy extra fee's from 'overloading' lines. Look up Enron, they pulled this kind of garbage and put California through the ringer.

·
Registered
20,135 Posts
I turned my heat pump off a few days ago and have been running on 100% resistance heat.

A monster is gonna jump out when I slice open that bill. :cry::cry:
I feel your pain brother. I have had my a/c off for about three days and yesterday, it was 56 degrees almost two days in a row, I had to turn on the 10kw heat for a solid 1/2 hour yesterday morning, stunk up the house turning it on for the first time this year.
So much for saving that money turning off the a/c.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I feel your pain brother. I have had my a/c off for about three days and yesterday, it was 56 degrees almost two days in a row, I had to turn on the 10kw heat for a solid 1/2 hour yesterday morning, stunk up the house turning it on for the first time this year.
So much for saving that money turning off the a/c.
You floridians a bunch of sissies. Had to heat the house cause it was 56 out?! That's a nice spring day

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I don't know of anyone that would even consider a heat pump in Wisconsin. The winters are just too severe here.
Where you live, it can't be that much warmer. :rolleyes:
I guess you are just kidding around with the rollie eye guy? They are very popular in the Washington DC area for those that don't have natural gas. It got kinda worthless at 3 degrees though. :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.