Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just enrolled in a PMI course (Project Management Institute.) It seems to look very "Professional and management type. I will pursue my CAPM. Anyone have this degree or ANY thoughts on it? The course is around 500 bucks so hopefully its worth the money. Looking to give my career a steroid shot.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,565 Posts
I just enrolled in a PMI course (Project Management Institute.) It seems to look very "Professional and management type. I will pursue my CAPM. Anyone have this degree or ANY thoughts on it? The course is around 500 bucks so hopefully its worth the money. Looking to give my career a steroid shot.
Good starting point:thumbsup:
Getting your CAPM will definitely give you that extra edge when working for a large company. With enough experience you could go for your PMP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. a PMP is on a whole other level. Its like a PMP is an associates degree while a PMP is a Doctorate degree. Correct me if im wrong guys.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,565 Posts
PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. a PMP is on a whole other level. Its like a CAPM is an associates degree while a PMP is a Doctorate degree. Correct me if im wrong guys.
Your analogy is good. I assume you will eventually go for your PMP

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try. From what all these guys on here say, your career starts when your 40.... So I have about 19 years to reach my first year as a PMP.:thumbup::thumbup::laughing:

·
Registered
10,626 Posts
All I can think of is Nurse Diesel in "High Anxiety" saying "No, you should go Dr. Thorndyke, after all, you are representing, "The project management institute..."

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
What is CAPM.?
It's a degree from Captain Morgan that says you are definitely a drunk.

I prolly got my CAPT'M degree 20 yrs ago, but unfortunately I never did
get my PiMP degree, since I ended up getting married. I probably could've
had many more years of fun. oh well. Maybe in my next life I can get the PiMP degree.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.