Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a customer who jackhammered his pool deck. He wants me to redo the bonding I need to hit his ladder and slide legs as well as a wet niche luminaire. He is replacing his luminaire but not the niche as the junction is too close to the pool and he wants the box more than the required 4 feet.

It has brass conduit now. I would replace with pvc and put in the 8 AWG ground if possible but don't know right now.

I guess my questions are:
Short of cadweld what connectors are rated to be encased in concrete?
Is replacing the brass conduit feasible?
What would be best use to bond the 1-1/2 slide legs?

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is an update. I have checked all of my suppliers and none of them have the parts I need. Erico Will not ship less than fifty of each. The home owner wants concrete in by thursday. I will call burndy and hand them over my wallet I think.

·
Registered
Electrician
4,407 Posts
I have a customer who jackhammered his pool deck. He wants me to redo the bonding I need to hit his ladder and slide legs as well as a wet niche luminaire. He is replacing his luminaire but not the niche as the junction is too close to the pool and he wants the box more than the required 4 feet.

It has brass conduit now. I would replace with pvc and put in the 8 AWG ground if possible but don't know right now.

I guess my questions are:
Short of cadweld what connectors are rated to be encased in concrete?
Is replacing the brass conduit feasible?
What would be best use to bond the 1-1/2 slide legs?
I have used the DB rebar clamps here and inspector was ok with it.
Why was the niche not replaced?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.