Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I don't know about all heat pumps for pool applications.
But the couple I've done repair/service on were 240 not neutral .
But like any pool stuff I wouldn't be surprised if some used neutral for control circuits.
One had transformer 240/24v

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
It's funny... people pay to cool the house and expel the waste heat with an air conditioner or heat pump...

Then run another heat pump to heat the pool and cool the outdoor air.

Why couldn't one heat pump cool the house AND heat the pool simultaneously?

·
Registered
Electrician
4,476 Posts
It's funny... people pay to cool the house and expel the waste heat with an air conditioner or heat pump...

Then run another heat pump to heat the pool and cool the outdoor air.

Why couldn't one heat pump cool the house AND heat the pool simultaneously?
Million dollar idea there bud!

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com
There was a guy in CA that put a heat exchanger in his attic. It cooled his house and heated his pool!

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,520 Posts
I've yet to do one. Do they normally require a neutral? 30a 240v. I don't have cut sheet on pump yet.
It is basically the same as a home heat pump but if the pool is a decent size you may need 60 amps for the circuit. I am doing one now that has a small pool and the heat pump requires 60 amps. They said that was the smallest they made-- not sure about that

·
Registered
12,167 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My neighbor has black pvc running up the side of his house from a pump and then it runs along his roof every 8" and back down to the pool. I guess this would be the equivalent of solar in the pool industry?? He said his pool will reach 90 on hot sunny day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.