Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my pool light bulbs are ALWAYS burning out. Pool was opened yesterday. I check the two bulbs, one is out. Luckily I had a spare, I replaced it, then about 5 minutes late the other burned out. They are old light housing that will be replaced this year or next.

Anyways, the bulbs are damn expensive. 60W incandescent costs me $30 at the pool store! It comes with a gasket that goes around the bulb (they can be reused if they are still in good condition).

I found some bulbs that look almost identical to the ones I buy at the pool store. There is a slight difference on the back. Can anyone tell me if I can use these bulbs? They are philips. I found them at a store for $2.50.

I have attached images of the two bulbs (the dirty one is from the pool store), the philips one is the one in question.

Thanks in advance.

Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
I haven't opened my pool yet. But, anyone know if I can swim safely in green water ?

It's just algae which is in lakes too , right ??

Just trying to reduce chemical use to save the planet :biggrin:

Registered
Your last thread got locked...
https://www.electriciantalk.com/f2/regular-receptacle-box-270314/

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am asking a question about a lightbulb of low voltage, NOT how to rewire a 220v bulb. Please assist me to I don't attempt it and hurt myself.

Registered
IBEW 6 volts to lightning bolts
I haven't opened my pool yet. But, anyone know if I can swim safely in green water ?

It's just algae which is in lakes too , right ??

Just trying to reduce chemical use to save the planet :biggrin:

Salad smoothie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
I am asking a question about a lightbulb of low voltage, NOT how to rewire a 220v bulb. Please assist me to I don't attempt it and hurt myself.
Just go ahead and do it.
Make a video though, so we can see it on youtube :biggrin:

Reactions: mtoronto333
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.