Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did a shutdown this afternoon to install some bolt on breakers in a panel for a dentist office in a multi tenant building. The fusible disconnects were incorrectly labelled and we accidentally shutdown a chiropractor office. :eek: we caught our mistake quickly and we didn't hear from the other tenant we shutdown.. We correctly labeled the disconnects.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If equipment on the circuits are that important, they should have a UPS.

Sure you pulled the disconnect, but the same thing could happen with a car accident that takes out a power pole, or a blown transformer. Same net result, they lost power for a short time.

I don't have much sympathy for people that don't have back on their life-or-death computers.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Are you even an electrician? :001_huh: Why didn't you test it first?
I always trust that the guy who labeled it knew what he was doing. Then I test it. If he was wrong, his problem. Then I make it right. Not my fault. I did
Them a favor.

·
811 Posts
Why would you shut a panel down to install a few bolt in breakers?

The only bolt in panels I will shut down to install breakers in are the old SQD EHB panels with the stupid bendy breaker fingers:censored:.

·
Registered
110 Posts
True panels should be dead before working on them.

Lot of times I do jobs where its not possible to shut down the power, so I do most of these live, unless it is some old messed up panel.

I have worked on some panels that make rats nest look neater, just moving a wire is a wonder.

Extra care in what your doing and I don't let my helpers do it, for I am responsible for their safety. I always do it myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts