Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New ,today banner ads at the bottom of posts,listen,I don't mind advertising ,but no one can enjoy the forums with banner ads in the bottom of the posts covering up what has been written .

Whomever is responsible for this should be "FIRED ON THE SPOT".

The forums become useless if there are ads inside the posts covering what has been written..........

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,764 Posts
Harry

nobody is listening, and nobody cares....

~CS~
Yup. That's right. No one cares.

I suggest you both not return due to the oppressive advertising on this site. That, or learn how to install something like AdBlockPlus. They have a six moth course on it at your community college, or you can click a few mouse clicks and be done. Either way, it's your choice.

I haven't seen ONE ad on this site, or any other, in YEARS. I mean, not one banner, pop up, side bar...nothing. I could show you a screen shot but I think you'd be jealous.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. That's right. No one cares.

I suggest you both not return due to the oppressive advertising on this site. That, or learn how to install something like AdBlockPlus. They have a six moth course on it at your community college, or you can click a few mouse clicks and be done. Either way, it's your choice.

I haven't seen ONE ad on this site, or any other, in YEARS. I mean, not one banner, pop up, side bar...nothing. I could show you a screen shot but I think you'd be jealous.
First they do not have ad blocks for iPads /iPhones

Second if you bothered to read post 1 you will plainly see that I said "I don't mind ads on this site " my complaint is that there should not be banner ads in the middle,top or bottom of the posts that you're trying to read.

Third do you have to be so hostile ?:cry::laughing:

·
Super Moderator
22,012 Posts
Harry I have the ad but it isn't blocking anything

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
I've seen different ads on the bottom of the screen on the iPad for a few days Harry.

Sometimes they lag so badly that it makes the page unbearable, other times they are less laggy.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
It goes back to Juan making money off this place without doing any work once he sells the advertising space...

I would gladly pay a membership fee to join the forum if it meant less ads blocking my way...

Those of you who hang over at MH.. do they have there banner ads also????

Another good point about a membership fee would be to cut down in the trolls with multirole screen names once they are banned...

A $15.00 fee just to join for the first time will no be a deal breaker for those in the trade who want to learn...

Lets kick it around and see what come up.. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
22,012 Posts
Juan is not the owner of the site. He is the administrator not owner

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
It goes back to Juan making money off this place without doing any work once he sells the advertising space...

I would gladly pay a membership fee to join the forum if it meant less ads blocking my way...

Those of you who hang over at MH.. do they have there banner ads also????

Another good point about a membership fee would be to cut down in the trolls with multirole screen names once they are banned...

A $15.00 fee just to join for the first time will no be a deal breaker for those in the trade who want to learn...

Lets kick it around and see what come up.. :thumbup::thumbup:
So you'd gladly pay $15 to prevent seeing ads, but balk at downloading free AdBlock software......:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,764 Posts

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
I use Google chrome with an ad blocker. I have not seen one ad on this site ever.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
ok ok, I finally installed Adblock. I'm still steering around the Timberland ad that isn't there anymore. :blink: Maybe tomorrow I will get better. :laughing:

·
WWMDSD
214 Posts
I only see the adds on my phone , when I enter this site ad block says

Blocked ads:
4 on this page

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.