Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I move around during the day doing different jobs. All at the same site, but its several acres. I was looking for some kind of fold up work bench. A cart wont work.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
We have folding saw horses, not sure they have ever been used, $40.
So you use a portable fridge as your work table then? Great idea, keeps the beer cold for the end of the day.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
So you use a portable fridge as your work table then? Great idea, keeps the beer cold for the end of the day.
Thats for the milk for the tea and coffee. :thumbsup:

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
get a cart with a horse to pull it around the site

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Why can't you just build your own?

It's pretty easy to build a small portable table and you can customize it to fit your needs. So far I have built a work bench and an outside work table, my next projects are to build a small electronics workbench and then a folding table capable of holding my tools that will hold up to 1,000 pounds.

I work with some massive motors.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
A cart wont work.
Because?

So you have to carry your tools and a table around several acres?

I'm a big fan of wheels so I'd figure something out.

We keep folding plastic tables on the trucks because I HATE working off the floor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
220/221 said:
Because? So you have to carry your tools and a table around several acres? I'm a big fan of wheels so I'd figure something out. We keep folding plastic tables on the trucks because I HATE working off the floor.
I have a carryall golf cart. Needed something small to fit in back

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts

·
PPE Saves Fingers
291 Posts
Those small fold up tables are great, unless you've got equipment with some weight.

Should have taken a picture when the guys had the cap bridge up on one. Probably a good inch or two deflection.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I use all kinds of carts. I have a big Rubbermaid for my tools and parts for the day, a drafting cart with 4" PVC tubes bolted to the bottom side for prints, a rolling shelf system with all kinds of fittings, and a work table cart we made out of a heavy duty cart, piano hinges, and 3/4 ply.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts