Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
on large project job sites, for electrical subcontractor crews, do electrical crew bosses have any typical view/position on electricians using portable scaffolds on four wheels (lockable) for doing work in ceilings (nothing hot) that would otherwise be done by ladder? That is, is portable scaffold use frowned on, seen with indifference, other ? Just wondering. Portable scaffolds may make work go faster as compared to shuffleing ladders.

*I would add, this question is in context of working in a ceiling that is only 9-10 feet high. Portable scaffold is only 4-6 feet high.

·
Fluke Skywalker
2,383 Posts
Zaped said:
on large project job sites, for electrical subcontractor crews, do electrical crew bosses have any typical view/position on electricians using portable scaffolds on four wheels (lockable) for doing work in ceilings (nothing hot) that would otherwise be done by ladder? That is, is portable scaffold use frowned on, seen with indifference, other ? Just wondering. Portable scaffolds may make work go faster as compared to shuffleing ladders.
Indifference

·
Member IBEW LU #164
2,965 Posts
I use whatever the contractor puts out there. Baker scaffolds slow me down usually, since I refuse to wreck my knees shuffling the thing around. Ask any ceiling guy what his knees are like.

They do however make excellent print and material tables.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
I use whatever the contractor puts out there. Baker scaffolds slow me down usually, since I refuse to wreck my knees shuffling the thing around. Ask any ceiling guy what his knees are like.

I once distracted a loud mouth ceiling guy by talking to him while a coworker snuck behind him and tied his Baker down to the floor with some ceiling tie wire.

We had great laughs watching him try to move it forward, he must have thought it was just stuck on a bump or something cause he went nuts trying to shuffle it forward. :jester:

They do however make excellent print and material tables.
Not bad pipe racks either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.