Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
5,612 Posts
Does anyone know after I pack the seal offs how far up do I pour them?
I always pour up past the plugs.
When you remove the large plug, you should see a solid wall of chiko.
Thats how I was taught, but whatever the manufacturer's instructions state, is all you have to do.

Reactions: glen1971

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Vertical seals - pour til it starts to come out the smaller plug you are pouring into. Lightly tap the sides a couple of times to get any air bubbles out then top up..

Horizontal seals - pour to just the bottom of the threads in the large plug. Again, a couple of light taps and top up as needed.

GUA pour covers - pour to til it starts to come out the plug. Tap lightly and top up. Put in the plug and tighten the cover.

When packing don't get too over abitious and try and fill the fitting with fibre. The fibre should be just enought to stop the mix from flowing down the wires, with just the wires in the main area where the chico will go. I've had to eb the guy to chisel out 1/4" of chico because some dip decided to fill the entire pour body with fibre, then pour it.. When the inspector caught it, the place was already up and running..

Also, good practice is to mark them.. Either paint the plugs (before installation) or an "X" are two common ways I've seen them. With a "/" to indicate packed, and a "\' to form the "X" to indicate poured..

·
Electrical Contractor
5,612 Posts
Also, good practice is to mark them.. Either paint the plugs (before installation) or an "X" are two common ways I've seen them. With a "/" to indicate packed, and a "\' to form the "X" to indicate poured..
I like that:thumbup:

Reactions: glen1971

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
The speed set is like $20 a tube. we usually get the 8oz ones but they sell higher capacity tubes. you gotta be fast because it heats up when the tubes activated and acts like spray foam it swells as it sets up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.