Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help in selecting power conditioning equipment. A local church has been experiencing brownouts because the utility company is rebuilding a sub-station. The utility does not lease or provide power conditioning equipment. Can anyone help me in selecting or refer me to a manufacturer of power conditioning equipment?

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Find out the ratings or each and go with small point of use UPS. Most cost effective.

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Power conditioning" would involve issues with voltage/current harmonics, voltage sags/swells, etc. Sounds much more like you're in need of a point of use UPS, as previously stated.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Look at Furman it's what we use also Atlantic sound and Middle Atlantic might have something.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
"Power conditioning" would involve issues with voltage/current harmonics, voltage sags/swells, etc. Sounds much more like you're in need of a point of use UPS, as previously stated.
Power conditioning is an all encompassing word, that can cover SPD's, shielded isolation transformers to UPS's and a lot more.

·
Proud Navy Veteran
1,429 Posts
I agree with the Furman gear, I have their stuff protecting my home theater. It's pricey but voltage regulation and an UPS is to protect the fan on a projector will save a bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts