Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We only have one of these in the plant and I cannot talk to it via Ethernet. I'm using CCW software and setting the IP address according to the rotary switches but when i go to rslinx it doesnt recognize the device? I can talk to it via serial and drive explorer lite, but do not want to do that because it will fault the drive when I unplug the HIM. Also since I only have the lite version, Ethernet is not available. Anyone know how to get this thing to talk on Connected Component Workbench via Ethernet?

·
Registered
728 Posts
We only have one of these in the plant and I cannot talk to it via Ethernet. I'm using CCW software and setting the IP address according to the rotary switches but when i go to rslinx it doesnt recognize the device? I can talk to it via serial and drive explorer lite, but do not want to do that because it will fault the drive when I unplug the HIM. Also since I only have the lite version, Ethernet is not available. Anyone know how to get this thing to talk on Connected Component Workbench via Ethernet?
no spare? and can u power it down?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I can power it down really whenever I want, I just want to be able to talk to it online because it has 2 VFD's one master and slave with encoders. We were having issues with torque, but found it in the PLC. I just what to know for future and don't have time to play with it or study on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I did not try to ping it, that's a good idea. Unfortunately, my company is European owned and changed out most AB stuff for Siemens crap. So we deal with profibus and Barney cables.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a little rusty on my rslinx, I open the drivers and configure it to the IP address on the device. It has a 63 host and I put the IP in the first spot. What am I missing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts