Electrician Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed a used AB Powerflex700 on a 7.5 hp 480v 3phase motor. Worked ok for about 2 months. Now I get fault #81 DPI not connected and the drive stops. Fault 81 is the loss of connection to the onboard HIM. I manually disconnect and reconnect the HIM and it goes back to work. Researching parameters I find #173 in Utilities which will not stop the drive on fault #81. I cannot access this parameter even in Advanced View. I called the Rockwell Automation for support (which I did for some configuration issues when first commissioned this drive). Got asked for my account#. I dont have one I say. The guy on the other end says this info isn't free. I interjected to say I had got support two months ago, no issue. He said starting April 1 2021 you have to pay. Goodbye. Anyone out there know the trick to access this parameter. Our electrical technologist says of AB/Rockwell. "You can buy better but you will never pay more". TJ63

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just recently installed a used AB Powerflex700 on a 7.5 hp 480v 3phase motor. Worked ok for about 2 months. Now I get fault #81 DPI not connected and the drive stops. Fault 81 is the loss of connection to the onboard HIM. I manually disconnect and reconnect the HIM and it goes back to work. Researching parameters I find #173 in Utilities which will not stop the drive on fault #81. I cannot access this parameter even in Advanced View. I called the Rockwell Automation for support (which I did for some configuration issues when first commissioned this drive). Got asked for my account#. I dont have one I say. The guy on the other end says this info isn't free. I interjected to say I had got support two months ago, no issue. He said starting April 1 2021 you have to pay. Goodbye. Anyone out there know the trick to access this parameter. Our electrical technologist says of AB/Rockwell. "You can buy better but you will never pay more". TJ63
Cant argue with that reply.

·
Chief Flunky
Field Service Engineer
2,007 Posts
1 See parameter 238.
2. I don’t see where but a lot of AB drives require some kind of password for advanced settings buried in a user menu somewhere.
3. Are you using the HIM for a run command or speed reference? If so the drive may not let you disable the keypad.
4. Did you leave it stopped then pull the keypad then issue a run command and just leave it in the cabinet so it won’t glitch? Just an idea to bypass the “feature”.
5. Did you try adding your own keypad cable to a different DPI port to abandon the bad one? Just leave it dangling on a cable or relocate to the door.

·
Chief Flunky
Field Service Engineer
2,007 Posts
Also check 259. Between those two parameter 173 is not n ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks paulengr. Parameter 196 is the parameters view level. I was in advanced. Happy to say today I solved my problem. I was trying to access those parameters using the file group method. So I tried the Numbered List view order method. Popped in 173. Bingo, there it was. Edited it 1. Popped in 238, set bit 16 to 0 to disable. Then popped in259, set bits 21,22,23 to 1.
Now that drive will run will run with that in the bottom of the ocean. Also in reply I dont use the HIM for run or speed commands

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,967 Posts
@TJ63
Thanks for getting back with the results, wish everyone would.

Cowboy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its not a good forum if you dont learn something or share what you learn. Your welcome. Real nice to talk to industrial electricians.
TJ63

1 - 12 of 12 Posts