Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the thread by B4T......I posted my preferred fire alarm panel. That and all the threads we've had extolling the virtues of everybody's favorite panels.......got me to wondering....

What is everybody elses preferred fire alarm panels? Any reasons why?

Mine (as I posted in that other thread) is this one....

http://www.notifier.com/products/facp/Pages/notifier-nfs-320C-control-panel.aspx

Versatile, lots of expansion capabilities, compatible with a wide range of devices and easy as falling down to wire.:thumbsup:

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
Edwards. Individual parts are cheaper than with notifier if you only need a few devices or something. They have good customer service in my area, as well as a good portion of the marketshare meaning there is a tech available more often (rural area).

·
Registered
631 Posts
ha I guess I'll be the first to say I prefer simplex. I've worked with it the most and know it inside and out. I've worked with others, but not enough to know the quirks right away without some screwing around first

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
I like Firelite and Notifier, I think Honeywell may own both of them.

I dislike

Simplex (The equipment is OK, Simplex the company sucks)

Edwards. Too slow, every push of the button on the panel takes ages and god forbid you change a device it may take an hour to 'remap'.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Edwards. Individual parts are cheaper than with notifier if you only need a few devices or something. They have good customer service in my area, as well as a good portion of the marketshare meaning there is a tech available more often (rural area).
In my area Edwards is very properitary.....they hate to sell their stuff to anyone but their licensed installers and they expect me to pay them to be one of their licensed installers..........SCREW THEM. :laughing:

I like Firelite and Notifier, I think Honeywell may own both of them.

I dislike

Simplex (The equipment is OK, Simplex the company sucks)

Edwards. Too slow, every push of the button on the panel takes ages and god forbid you change a device it may take an hour to 'remap'.
I HATE Simplex.......everything about them. Their service, their costs their equipment......everything. JMHO

Honeywell owns/makes Notifier, Fire-Lite, Gamewell, FCI, Silent Knight and probably some others that I have missed :O
^^^This.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.