Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dope-less Hope Fiend
electrician
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Installed some Lithonia recessed lights for a customer, but am having trouble finding any dimmer to work.

I am working on a flickering LED downlight problem. I installed the 12 new fixtures (4BPMW LED M4), eliminated the existing dimmers on the circuit (only decora rocker switches now), and currently have no flicker.

However, the customers would like to have 2 dimmers on the circuit, on two separate runs.

Here is the current setup:

3 light groups/runs on the circuit, as well as the garage.

a) entry light incandescent fixture, on 2 switches (3-way)
b) eleven Model # LK4BMW LED M4 on a single pole switch
c) twelve Model # 4BPMW LED M4 trim/bulb, in a Commercial Electric 4" remodel housing, connected to 2 switches (3-way).
d) garage

I have tried these dimmers:

Lutron DVCL-153P
Lutron CTCL-153P
Leviton 6674
Lutron DV-603P
Lutron TGCL-153PH

If I install a dimmer on either b) or c), I get high speed flickering on the 12 "c" lights.

According to this link, at least three of these dimmers are good candidates.
http://www.acuitybrandslighting.com/library/ll/documents/otherdocuments/p%20series%20dimme r%20compatibility%20chart.pdf

Anyone have an idea about what I should try next? :blink:

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Yeah those CL maestros have dimmed every type of dimmable LED I've come across so far. They're all I use.. unless some client is ultra cheap, then I'll give them some crap and tell them "well thats what you get with that cheap stuff" after when they don't like it.

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts
Yeah I'm with the old geezers...

BRING BACK WHALE OIL LAMPS!

Throw these fancy pants "electric light" fixtures in a field and send the horses to trample it! Electricity rots your teeth, gives you cancer and makes you impotent.

:laughing:

I'm not a geezer! I've installed hundreds of LED products and the rate of problems is staggering. FAR outweighs any benefit IMO.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Yeah I know the feeling.. every single halogen light I have installed has failed at some point. Must admit, those lutron maestros do seem to extend the life of halogens by at least double or triple!

The future is all LED.. I believe early incandescent bulbs also had manufacturing problems and were inconsistent among the different brands and manufacturers.

Whale oil lamps are the only consistent lighting source!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.