Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A client of mine calls with a problem. His kitchen lights are cutting off when he uses the oven or stove top. I figured it to be a loose neutral. After looking at the lights and in the panel, I don't see any Neutral issues. Has anyone had this problem come up before?? Its a fairly new home, 5 year old max.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
A client of mine calls with a problem. His kitchen lights are cutting off when he uses the oven or stove top. I figured it to be a loose neutral. After looking at the lights and in the panel, I don't see any Neutral issues. Has anyone had this problem come up before?? Its a fairly new home, 5 year old max.
temperature issue with can lights? Can you reproduce the condition?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have re simulated the scenario, lights don't have time to overheat before shutting off. Problem only exists with lights when stove/oven is used.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
well you figured it out. there's no problem. tell the client there's nothing wrong, get a check, and hit the road, Cletis.

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
Sounds like the stove is drawing too many harmonics through the D73 interrupter, possibly on the utility side. Megger all your amps and take a volt reading with your ohm meter.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
Sounds like the stove is drawing too many harmonics through the D73 interrupter, possibly on the utility side. Megger all your amps and take a volt reading with your ohm meter.
you have D73s there? we only use C19s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts