Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I installed three projectors that are controlled by a scheduler. Each projector has its own IP address. I can manually power them off from a computer on the network, but they will not power back on. Weird right? I can set the projector to power off 10/20/30 minutes after it loses signal, but Id rather the scheduler turn them off and on. Why can I turn them off from a computer, but not be able to power them back on?! Thanks !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do they have a "wake on LAN" feature? If they are powered off, they may not be listening for anymore commands. Could just be that they are set to shut down rather than 'sleep.' Check your configuration settings and their capabilities.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hey guys I installed three projectors that are controlled by a scheduler. Each projector has its own IP address. I can manually power them off from a computer on the network, but they will not power back on. Weird right? I can set the projector to power off 10/20/30 minutes after it loses signal, but Id rather the scheduler turn them off and on. Why can I turn them off from a computer, but not be able to power them back on?! Thanks !
How long was the time between turning it off,
then turning it back on again ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FrunkSlammer said:
Is there a cool down timer on them? I know the high end projectors we use for home theatres require something like a 5-10 minute post-shut down cool down period before you can turn them back on. beat me to it!
These projectors only require 2 minutes or so. Plus they are shutdown all night. They are set 830am to 5pm

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
DHCP is going to assign a random IP address to the projector, each time you start the projector (unless the lease is still valid to that device.)

So unless you have the mac addresses reserved to certain IP addresses the projectors' IPs will fluctuate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.