Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to acquire a building that has 3 phase 400amp service running to it, I am looking to run wood milling equipment, big motors, 220kw per hour of use.

I am NOT an electrician, but will the current service be able to handle the kw i need?

stallafloat

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looking to acquire a building that has 3 phase 400amp service running to it, I am looking to run wood milling equipment, big motors, 220kw per hour of use.

I am NOT an electrician, but will the current service be able to handle the kw i need?

stallafloat
Just how are we to know this ?
You have not told us anything !
:whistling2:

P.S.
Three phase at 400A is very dangerous !
Leave it to the electricians please ?
We can help you to understand more
But
You need to tell us more, much more !

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just how are we to know this ?
You have not told us anything !

P.S.
Three phase at 400A is very dangerous !
Leave it to the electricians please ?
We can help you to understand more
But
You need to tell us more, much more !
I wont touch it trust me!! not worth dying for..

There are several pieces of equipment that would be running that would total the 220kw

will motor sizes help? again i am NOT trying to do this myself just trying to get an idea of my power requirements.. I will post whatever info about the motors you need.. again sorry if i sound stupid

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.