Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
[EQUOTE=butcher733;803860]Just starting in the trade. I would like to hear any feed back, preferably the mean pointless kind.:)[/QUOTE]

Re identify white wires on double pole breakers! Good job though!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work, just missing tape on ccc's.
I asked about that and was told not to waste time on it. Isn't there a code on not re-identifying conductors smaller than 8awg? What's the solution if so? 12-3?
Is that a vinstar control panel?
Ems or telephone?
You put that conduit in the telephone terminal space...it's going to get ugly! :001_huh:
Is that a no no? Prints called for two duplexes on separate circuits for that board.

Thanks for the comments.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Nice, did that value pack panel come with all those tools?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I asked about that and was told not to waste time on it. Isn't there a code on not re-identifying conductors smaller than 8awg? What's the solution if so? 12-3?

Ems or telephone?

Is that a no no? Prints called for two duplexes on separate circuits for that board.

Thanks for the comments.
All ccc's need to be re identified. I drill a hole in a large sharpie marker, insert white wire, run up and down the wire a few times. Comes out perfect. Tape looks bad on small wires.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
All ccc's need to be re identified. I drill a hole in a large sharpie marker, insert white wire, run up and down the wire a few times. Comes out perfect. Tape looks bad on small wires.
It is always a code violation to mark a white conductor to any other color in a raceway.

In a pipe white must be a grounded conductor or not used at all.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
Just starting in the trade. I would like to hear any feed back, preferably the mean pointless kind.:)

Nice bending practice and it fits but you did ask for comments.

If I had to do it that way I would have moved the offset up to the 90 so the conduit was tighter to the wall.

But I would rather use an LB at the top of the wall, if no LB was on site I would have mounted a 4 square at the top of the wall with it high enough to come out the back of it on top of the structure. In other words I would have used a 4 square like an LB.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Looks good the panel is wired very skillfully:thumbsup: The wires and conduit are actually straight:thumbup:

Only thing I see is the black 8 guage connected to the ground bar and no reidentified whites, but those are easy fixes.

·
Premium Member
18,466 Posts

Nice bending practice and it fits but you did ask for comments.

If I had to do it that way I would have moved the offset up to the 90 so the conduit was tighter to the wall.

But I would rather use an LB at the top of the wall, if no LB was on site I would have mounted a 4 square at the top of the wall with it high enough to come out the back of it on top of the structure. In other words I would have used a 4 square like an LB.
I would have kept the receptacles close to the top of THAT UNPAINTED BACKBOARD.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
was there a load calc done on that panel? seems like alot of ampacity for a 100a ml panel

other than that nice work

·
Registered
9 Posts

Ems or telephone?

Thanks for the comments.
I was reffering the gray cabinet with the black knobs that say surveyor. My contractor does a lot of family dollar stores and they use them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts