Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from PS Knight today, saying that they are now authorized to publish the 2018 code book. Nice to only have to pay $60, instead of the CSA's $180.

Is there a downside to this I am missing? Besides there not being an electronic version available for Android yet, that is.

https://psknight.com/cec

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Just got the email myself. The code would be identical.

Too bad on the limited electronic versions. I sent him an email on that

$60.00 for the copy.

Depending on the binding... I've taken previous copies that were not spiral bound to a local small printer and had them cut the back off and drill 3 holes for a standard binder.

CSA I'm sure will try to stop it as they did the 2015 book. Something has changed as he never released the 2015 version only collected email addresses.

Just bought it. :smile:

·
3,670 Posts
Wow! Are they available right away?
@eddy current... Go here to his blog to read about it...
http://www.restorecsa.com/news/article/knights-code-has-arrived

^^ That link quit loading right now. Check back.

BUT..., - scroll down as he has FREE copies that he has dropped off. Not my City tho. I'll cut and paste...

Free copies of Knight’s Canadian Electrical Code are available at the following locations:

Hon. Maxime Bernier, MP
Ottawa Parliamentary Office
House of Commons, Ottawa, ON
Tel.613.992.8053

Arnold Viersen, MP
Constituency Office
5124 - 50th Street
Barrhead, AB
Tel.800.667.8450

Arnold Viersen, MP
Tel.613.996.1783

Tom Kmiec, MP
Constituency Office
2784 Glenmore Trail SE, Suite 1220
Calgary AB
Tel.403.974.1285

Tom Kmiec, MP
Tel.613.992.0846

Larry Maguire, MP
Constituency Office
658 - 10th Street, Unit B
Brandon, MB
Tel.204.726.7600

Larry Maguire, MP
Tel.613.995.9372

Len Webber, MP
Constituency Office
2020 - 10th Street NW
Calgary AB
Tel.403.220.0888
^^ Go fast tho as he only sent 'Boxes' of books to each location. And the cat's outa the bag now. :smile:

·
Registered
427 Posts
@eddy current... Go here to his blog to read about it...
http://www.restorecsa.com/news/article/knights-code-has-arrived

^^ That link quit loading right now. Check back.

BUT..., - scroll down as he has FREE copies that he has dropped off. Not my City tho. I'll cut and paste...

^^ Go fast tho as he only sent 'Boxes' of books to each location. And the cat's outa the bag now. :smile:

Barrhead of all places? Haha, might have to make a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
7,903 Posts
Well, you guys are lucky I'm still here ... or maybe I am :eek:

Went to the justice building today to pick up my free code book.
The RCMP were at the door, and called upstairs. No one answered, so he said to go through security, and sit in the waiting room.

Weeeeelllllll .... They weren't too impressed with my EDC pocket knife, or the 30-06 empty shell on my key chain :biggrin:

Was frisked every which way to sunday, and still couldn't pass through the walk through metal detector.
They pretty much had it down to the rivets on my work pants ..... then a guy from the office showed up with my book.

Then the officers looked at me and said ... "Oh!, Is that all you were here for ?? "

Funny now, but I wasn't laughing at the time :vs_laugh:

I have the new '18 Knights code thou :biggrin:

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,714 Posts
Well, you guys are lucky I'm still here ... or maybe I am :eek:

The RCMP were at the door, and called upstairs. No one answered, so he said to go through security, and sit in the waiting room.

Weeeeelllllll .... They weren't too impressed with my EDC pocket knife, or the 30-06 empty shell on my key chain :biggrin:

Was frisked every which way to sunday, and still couldn't pass through the walk through metal detector.
They pretty much had it down to the rivets on my work pants ..... then a guy from the office showed up with my book.

Then the officers looked at me and said ... "Oh!, Is that all you were here for ?? "

Funny now, but I wasn't laughing at the time :vs_laugh:

Lol. Still better than paying $200 to CSA!

·
3,670 Posts

Was frisked every which way to sunday, ..... then a guy from the office showed up with my book.

Good one. Never thought of that but in today's age I guess they have to be careful.

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
7,903 Posts
Any strings attached? Other than the almost strip search that is. :biggrin:
Nope, guy handed me the book, got all the stuff they temporarily confiscated, and off I went :biggrin:

Told a buddy about it yesterday, he called one of the offices, and they said they weren't handing it out yet. I called Larry Maguire's office, and they said come and get it !
Just in case anyone else is going, you might want to keep 'certain things' in your car ;) . And/or , tell them to just bring it down and you wait for it.

Whether you pick one up, or want to order one ... I'd do it NOW. I heard that CSA and Knight are back in court on March 1st, that could stop the presses.

btw .... Thanks for letting us know Dave. If I get myself out west, I'll buy you a beer :vs_cool:

Reactions: daveEM

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just got an email from PS Knight today, saying that they are now authorized to publish the 2018 code book. Nice to only have to pay $60, instead of the CSA's $180.

Is there a downside to this I am missing? Besides there not being an electronic version available for Android yet, that is.

https://psknight.com/cec
I checked out the link provided. Thank you.

Are you able to use debit Visa at checkout?

Borgi

·
3,670 Posts
Are you able to use debit Visa at checkout?

Borgi
debit visa? What is that. Sounds to me it would work like a visa card. Does it say you can use it for on-line purchases? Try it.

You can use credit card or paypal. I used paypal. Worst case you could buy a on-line Visa type card at Safeway. Load it with $63 and have at her.

·
3,670 Posts
Told a buddy about it yesterday, he called one of the offices, and they said they weren't handing it out yet.

Whether you pick one up, or want to order one ... I'd do it NOW. I heard that CSA and Knight are back in court on March 1st, that could stop the presses.

btw .... Thanks for letting us know Dave. If I get myself out west, I'll buy you a beer :vs_cool:
Yeah, a friend called the Barrhead office. They said the same thing. Next week. He said they only had one box (6 books?).

Knight seem to think that is not a problem... the court date. We've heard that before tho.

Hopefully mine is in the mail by then. :smile:

·
3,670 Posts
I'll buy it when I need it. What happens if they skip a cycle? I'm cheap :D
You don't have to buy it. Just ask me any questions you have. That's what us Canadians do eh?

I am getting old tho. For example took me three hours to find my truck keys this morning.

Wife musta put the keys in the fridge :surprise:. No way I remember doing that.

As I type i'm taking a break from looking for my Cell Phone. I duno...?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts