Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give an estimate for a psychiatrist who works out of his home. You walk into a dedicated exterior door into a waiting room, then from there another door into his office where patients talk to him.

He has 2 hihats, 1 wall sconce, and 2 outside sconces for lighting. He also has 1 small LCD TV. He wants all of the lights and the TV to be on a timer so they come on in the morning before his first patient and go off in the evening after his last.

There's a drop ceiling which all the wiring is going thru. My idea is just to pickup the feeds to all of those items and put them on the same circuit (if they aren't already) and install a typical 20A time clock.

Any issue with this? A psychiatrist's waiting room isn't subject to different rules, correct?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,928 Posts
It is not a patient care area, it is a waiting room. But still........... there may be some shocking things going on around that place...

Reactions: ce2two

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
If he is working out of a house I cant see any rules applying. I however would defiantly add tamper resistant outlets since there is a good chance young kids might be coming into that waiting room. An emergency light to would be a nice touch. Other than that all sounds fine.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,928 Posts
Make sure you put all the grounds up in that room. Solidarity bro.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I'd look for ipad / droid controlable devices. Then you can just swap them out and program them from the phone.

Reactions: sbrn33

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm only changing around the feeds for the lights and one receptacle behind the TV. I'm not adding any receptacles or devices.

As for it being a house, it's common around here to have houses converted into doctors offices. Sometimes the entire thing, sometimes just the first floor. In this situation it's just 2 rooms in the basement.

It's a nice setup that this guy has going, very little overhead and probably charges $250/hr.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I'm only changing around the feeds for the lights and one receptacle behind the TV. I'm not adding any receptacles or devices.

As for it being a house, it's common around here to have houses converted into doctors offices. Sometimes the entire thing, sometimes just the first floor. In this situation it's just 2 rooms in the basement.

It's a nice setup that this guy has going, very little overhead and probably charges $250/hr.
That's what I'm saying rather then swap feeds just swap the device with an ip addressable device. Then he can turn them on off left right or whatever he wants with the phone. Programmable.

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
if he is working out of a house i cant see any rules applying. I however would definetly add tamper resistant outlets since there is a good chance young kids might be coming into that waiting room. An emergency light to would be a nice touch. Other than that all sounds fine.
fify.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What am I missing here? :001_huh: He added even more errors. :laughing:
meadow originally wrote defiantly instead of definitely.

As for the other errors, this forum is full of bugs and issues that many quotes have the paragraphs taken away and the sentence pushed together and it also makes the capital letters lowercase :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

As for the other errors, this forum is full of bugs and issues that many quotes have the paragraphs taken away and the sentence pushed together and it also makes the capital letters lowercase :rolleyes:
Well yaa, I saw that. So far you are the only one that got the "d" word correct. :thumbup:

·
Banned
11,766 Posts

Auto correct. How many times it has failed me:censored:

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
For the TV, can't you just program it from the menu to go on and off ???
Or program it from your router as long as it isnt 100 years old. Then you can set the program too.

Does anyone even read my post when I'm being serious?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts