Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a bulkhead above a bathroom vanity with not enough cavity space to install cans. GC wants to put in a couple of puck lights. Is this a good idea? Will they produce enough light? Suggestions s'il vous plaît.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
If you put enough in, you'll have enough light.

However, I'm not a big fan of putting lights in a bulkhead over a vanity 'cuz it creates unflattering lighting.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Funny, I just had a similar thing, except in the hall outside a closet and bedroom. I put them in because he's a genius. :roll eyes:

Give your opinion and then if they still want it, put it in and say "toe jah sow" on the final. It's sort of bitter sweet.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How much room do you have? Seagull and WAC both make mini recessed lights. The Seagulls are low voltage and are about 3.25" high, with light output similar to a 45w r20.

Seagull also has l.v. puck lights that are made to either surface mount OR recess. You can put up to an 18w xenon 12v bulb in it. It's slightly less output than the lv 20w xenon that the mini recessed uses. They are about 1.25" in height.

A line voltage puck light is going to have a tough time illuminating anything useful. I have used both Seagull products in archways for countertops and with enough of them, adequate light was provided.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.