Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...have a transformer and a panel next to each other, trough no allowed, had to use a 20" piece of 4" greenfield with two greenfield 90's , facing opposite direction, how would you pull. I am just looking for a new or easier method.

Again, through not allowed

·
Registered
32,969 Posts
...have a transformer and a panel next to each other, trough no allowed, had to use a 20" piece of 4" greenfield with two greenfield 90's , facing opposite direction, how would you pull. I am just looking for a new or easier method.

Again, through not allowed
Kick who ever wrote the spec in the azz for being a dolt

Install conductors in Greenfield, bend conductors and then install the Greenfield with conductors.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Install 90s. Slide flex over conductors. Work ends into cabinet one side at a time. Hopefully it's steel and not aluminum. I used 4" flex once and decided I'd rather work with ltfmc
Kick who ever wrote the spec in the azz for being a dolt

Install conductors in Greenfield, bend conductors and then install the Greenfield with conductors.

What they said,just make sure you measure the cut of greenfield a few times so it fits the first time.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
360max said:
...they are paralleled 600's, there are 4 - 600's in each set. The space to pull these in is extremely limited, which makes it even more of a nitemare
I had the same situation last year. We waited almost a week for the 4" fmc and when it showed up it was a hot item to get the transformer buzzing. I ordered a 25' piece cut for extra stock and one end of it got caught in the steel grated floor and the whole damn thing unwound like a slinky in about 5 seconds. Cheap shít. Now I hard pipe or use ltfmc if I have to

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Well heres what we do you can prefab the flex with wire installed pick it up and slide each end in one at a time panel first and then into transformer.
But most of the time we install the wire into the flex then push each phase and neutral one at a time thur 90 flex fitting and we always have the covers off its easy we do this everyday. We have 8 500kva transformers with 6 runs of 600 mcm ABC NN GG that's double neutrals isolated ground . If you think your are having a tuff time come to my job .

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Build it as an assembly.

-Cut lengths of conductors
-Slide on flex
-Bend both ends of conductors the correct
-direction
-Install flex 90 on each end
-Slide conductors into each ko one at a time

I'm sure you were not trying to pull through the 90s.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
piperunner said:
Well heres what we do you can prefab the flex with wire installed pick it up and slide each end in one at a time panel first and then into transformer. But most of the time we install the wire into the flex then push each phase and neutral one at a time thur 90 flex fitting and we always have the covers off its easy we do this everyday. We have 8 500kva transformers with 6 runs of 600 mcm ABC NN GG that's double neutrals isolated ground . If you think your are having a tuff time come to my job .
Yeah yeah we know

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.