Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Spaghetti Cleaner
928 Posts
Pulling from the IT room and then pulling individual locations usually results in tangles and multiple back and forth trips to straighten things up.

Pulling from location to the IT room reduces this mess. Point is that at the panel, length doesn't vary much, but can vary a lot at the locations.

What I typically do when I have multiple locations is to put my box at the first or second corner (or straightest run) and pull to the panel. Then I walk the box to the location and cut it there and install it to the location.

If I'm only pulling one or two cables, I'll just pick whichever end is less intrusive for the customer at the time.

·
antisocial group ******
773 Posts
Just do what you guys always do.

Get to the job, then find an electrician to do it for you.

Pretty simple really.

I could solve the worlds problems from this chair.:laughing:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like laying out J hook runs first, then pulling from location to the rack. It's nice if you've got a long straight run you can just run up in the q decking. Fish sticks are your friend, and a little trick I learned when pushing through cable tray, tape a pop bottle onto the end of your fish sticks and it'll ride over the gaps and never jump out of the tray.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
Just do what you guys always do.

Get to the job, then find one of those deadbeat electricians that sits swilling coffee at the supply house complaining theres no work out there to do it for you for labour only.

Pretty simple really.

I could solve the worlds problems from this chair.:laughing:
Fify.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.