Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdIlKIOrgi8&feature=youtu.be

Hey everybody, Just finished uploading my final Klein Vs. Knipex video. This time pump pliers, we all got a pair lying around. Got to admit the Knipex Cobra is awesome the ability to lock onto a work piece is huge - instant hook for a tool belt, but Klein makes an awesome pair as well (made in germany though).

Anyfeed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
825 Posts

Hey everybody, Just finished uploading my final Klein Vs. Knipex video. This time pump pliers, we all got a pair lying around. Got to admit the Knipex Cobra is awesome the ability to lock onto a work piece is huge - instant hook for a tool belt, but Klein makes an awesome pair as well (made in germany though).

Thanks,

Nick
Another informative video. :thumbup: One thing I definitely picked up on is that the Klein looks to be ether a Knipex or NWS re-brand. So, really it's like the same pliers, just with subtle differences. Still planning on getting the Cobra pliers to phase out my old Channellock Grip-lok pliers. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Reactions: HARRY304E

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

Thanks,

Nick
Good man Nick.:)

You love this stuff..:thumbup:

Happy thanksgiving :thumbup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another informative video. :thumbup: One thing I definitely picked up on is that the Klein looks to be ether a Knipex or NWS re-brand. So, really it's like the same pliers, just with subtle differences. Still planning on getting the Cobra pliers to phase out my old Channellock Grip-lok pliers. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
Made in Germany is a new one for Klein, I did not want to focus on that to much so I figure the more observant would clue in (Klein seems to be a sensitive issue around here lol ).

Thanks for the props!

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
How many videos do you have where knipex didn't "win"? I'm genuinely curious. Channellocks are better than either of those pieces if junk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Is the adjustment mechanism on the NWS ratcheting?

In other words, can you adjust the jaws smaller simply by sliding them together without pushing the button? If so that is a huge win for the NWS/Klein.

I actually find it really annoying that I have to push the button to adjust the cobras smaller.
Bahco pump pliers ratchet in, it's a way nicer system. At some point I will replace my Knipex with something that ratchets in.

·
Registered
137 Posts

In other words, can you adjust the jaws smaller simply by sliding them together without pushing the button? If so that is a huge win for the NWS/Klein.

I actually find it really annoying that I have to push the button to adjust the cobras smaller.
Bahco pump pliers ratchet in, it's a way nicer system. At some point I will replace my Knipex with something that ratchets in.
Yes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How many videos do you have where knipex didn't "win"? I'm genuinely curious. Channellocks are better than either of those pieces if junk
I didn't realize that, I guess I am a person who love innovation! Klein makes a good product, but there is so much more for the money out there.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
nick.sek said:
I didn't realize that, I guess I am a person who love innovation! Klein makes a good product, but there is so much more for the money out there.
Do you work for knipex? Totally innocent and honest question

·
Registered
431 Posts

I agree, thats why I'm a big fan of my Irwin groovelock pliers. I keep the little 6" pair in my pouch at all times. They're perfect for most jobs imo.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you work for knipex? Totally innocent and honest question
Nope, no paid product placement here, I got exposed to them at my work - they provide all the tools as I work with precious metal, easier to keep track of everything. And German company buys German tools, and for good reason - they really hold up to the abuse of everyday.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I like most things channellock except for their channellocks. I use the cobras everyday.

Channelock nut busters make a good substitute for a pipe wrench though.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
I'm a Knipex fanboy, but even if I weren't I've never liked Klein pump pliers. The order goes:

Knipex > Channellock > Two-sticks-duct-taped-together > Klein
Ouch. :)

Where does harbor freight and south wire fit in your list?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts