Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is greenlee the only company that makes these pvc bankets? Im bending 2" right now with a heat box and once i make a bend i cant fit it back into the box to adjust it馃槵. A heat blanket would be nice but they are $400! Any suggestions?

Registered
Incubus311 said:
Is greenlee the only company that makes these pvc bankets? Im bending 2" right now with a heat box and once i make a bend i cant fit it back into the box to adjust itdde2c. A heat blanket would be nice but they are $400! Any suggestions?
buy the greenlee blanket.

Registered
Propane torch with a spreader tip on it. Can't heat the whole peice of tubing but just do some small segmented bends. Doesn't take to long and will be whole lot cheaper. Plus if you don't have a way to get power its a plus.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
farlsincharge said:
A heat gun works fine for 2".
Tried heat gun did not work too good. Need a 2" pvc blanket. Im doing a 3 point saddle with kicks at the end. Being a pain in the a$$$$

Mad as Hell Member
Anyone who says a heat gun works fine for 2" is crazy.

Will it get the job done? Sure. Is there a better way? God damn right.

Registered
See if your supply house can get you one from current tools, the guys who started from that company used to be engineer's for greenlee

Registered

Of course you can keep it in the sun.

Registered
Is greenlee the only company that makes these pvc bankets? Im bending 2" right now with a heat box and once i make a bend i cant fit it back into the box to adjust it��. A heat blanket would be nice but they are $400! Any suggestions?
If you do this for a living, buy a blanket and be done with it. You will use it again, it WILL pay for itself.

My thoughts are, I'd rather buy the needed tools in the beginning so I can appreciate them sooner and for longer. Why put off what you are going to need in the future anyway?

Electrical Contractor
buy the greenlee blanket.
I've got two of the smaller Greenlee blankets and I've doubled them up for slight offsets on larger pipe (up to 5") but if you want a larger offset you'll need to buy the bigger blanket. I've had the best luck with Greenlee blankets even though they don't last forever. We tried some of the red pre-coiled ones (not sure of the brand) years ago and they wouldn't hold up.

I own stock in FotoMat!
Is greenlee the only company that makes these pvc bankets? Im bending 2" right now with a heat box and once i make a bend i cant fit it back into the box to adjust it馃槵. A heat blanket would be nice but they are $400! Any suggestions?
You can't put a bend into a heat blanket either. :no:

Banned

I believe Wattlow makes a heat blanket.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
480sparky said:
You can't put a bend into a heat blanket either. :no:
Hahaa i know but you have a littttle more play with the blanket. In the heat box if you rotate a bend it gets burned. Cant wait to get back to 3/4" pvc

1 - 20 of 49 Posts