Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
What is code height for a PVC stub up out of the ground containing branch circuits?
Well I thought about a answer but I just cant come up with one . This is one of the tuffest question I have ever come across but you must be joking right .:laughing:

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
I try to keep mine below the height I would need a orbital tether for support as they can cost tens of dollars to get a listing agency to sign off on.

·
Chairman of the Bored
9,779 Posts
But is there a code on where in needs to change from PVC to metallic conduit?
I don't believe so; you just need room to make the proper transition; I would imagine if it's in an area that's prone to abuse or danger you should stub up with rigid instead.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awg-Dawg said:
What he said. After re-reading it, what is the OP asking?
I was just asking if there was a specific height out of the ground that a PVC pipe can be ran until it needs to be changes to metallic conduit.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
aherman said:
I was just asking if there was a specific height out of the ground that a PVC pipe can be ran until it needs to be changes to metallic conduit.
. What gives you the impression that it needs to be changed over to metallic conduit at all ? PVC , can be run exposed outside if properly strapped and expansion fittings are used .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts