Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a situation where I need to run pvc under an existing driveway. I have used the water jet tip on pvc before going under a walkway but never under a driveway. Any of you guys done this before? Does it make the driveway crack eventually? Any other methods you guys use for this? I have only done this a handful of times on walkways so any other suggestions on how to do it, I am open to. thanks

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I have a situation where I need to run pvc under an existing driveway. I have used the water jet tip on pvc before going under a walkway but never under a driveway. Any of you guys done this before? Does it make the driveway crack eventually? Any other methods you guys use for this? I have only done this a handful of times on walkways so any other suggestions on how to do it, I am open to. thanks
Here's a new toy....

http://youtu.be/ifNK-jq93K4

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,495 Posts
I have a difficult time pounding an 8' by 5/8" ground rod with the same point. I would like to know if this will actually work.

·
HTTR
530 Posts
I bought this to go under a driveway. Used it twice and I worked great, last time we tried it was a no go, too many large rocks maybe, I don't know.

It wasn't that big of an investment, but its probably better to sub it out to a boring company.

Borzit

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update. I used the bullet mole on Friday and it worked pretty damn well. Went through really quick. The place I rented it from only had the head to run 3/4" or 1" pvc. Only charged 60 bucks for the day. Well worth it made life a lot easier. I ran 2- 3/4" and 2-1". Don't think I'd ever buy one. Supposedly they run a couple grand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.