Electrician Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking for a cover for a standard four-square box for a QOU breaker. does anyone have any suggestions. some background information for why i am looking for this is that i need to put individual receptacles on there own breaker and i would like to have the breaker close to the receptacle, if there is a raised cover like the ones used for standard toggle switches or some other cover for a four square box. i dont want to use the big disconect boxes if i don't need to. a cover for an fs style box would work as well. thank you, any ideas are appreciated.

·
Manufacturer
19 Posts
i have been looking for a cover for a standard four-square box for a QOU breaker. does anyone have any suggestions. some background information for why i am looking for this is that i need to put individual receptacles on there own breaker and i would like to have the breaker close to the receptacle, if there is a raised cover like the ones used for standard toggle switches or some other cover for a four square box. i dont want to use the big disconect boxes if i don't need to. a cover for an fs style box would work as well. thank you, any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks for the question. I am working with our QO product team for a recommendation on a cover option. I will be post a response tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts

·
Banned
39,206 Posts
dont know what a QOu is ,but i think 360 has the answer
QOU is a standalone braker like you may find bolted to the frame in a piece of equipment without a breaker enclosure.

coulda swore the op said he didnt want that big ugly box.
You would be better off going back and reading the OP instead of swearing. He did not say anything about "ugly". He mentioned not wanting a big disconnect box, but what I posted is a small enclosure that is narrower than a 4" square and only a little bit taller.

·
Manufacturer
19 Posts
We unfortunately do not have QOU covers as we do not make enclosures for the QOU breakers. Using a QO2L30S with a QO breaker, will be best for this type of application.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts