Electrician Talk banner

Qualification Update

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  frank 
Correct me if i am wrong but i think the C and G 'B' is comparable to National Cerificate level 2,with the 'C' certificate being the HNC,i possess the C and when applied for regrading as per requirement here in Scotland, I was advised that i held both since qualifying with the 'C' certificate.However i seem to remember my college tutor informing our class at the time that if successful on the 'C' course then this entitled the holder to use letters after the holders name,something along the lines of LoCLCG,not entirely sure if this still stands or if i have the correct formation of letters,but hopefully someone on here can put the record straight.

Things have come a long way since i sat my 'c' course exam,believing it would further my career!,not sure if there is modern day equivalent,seeing i qualified in the later years of the previous millenia:blink: .
CEF have bailed me out in emergencies so they do have their uses!,and believe they have expanded into Cananda,and most recently Australia.I agree with a poster that,Hager a predominently pushed product by the aforementioned wholesaler is inferior in lots of respects,but by the same token i do work for local authorities who specifiy MK,as it was the norm in and around the 70s.I do try to shop around using different wholesalers when i can,but really i can fault my local Electric Center!,they stock all the 'usual suspects',MK,Square D,Crabtree,MEM and Ashley.
I would recommend their own brand accessory range,as i have never had to replace any accessories due to breakdown,mechanical failure,am talking ventilation fans here folks,for some reason they seem to have a very short life expectancy {take note Silavent},some of the stuff is made by G.E.T,and they again have a poor record amongst some sparks,but they have a different range specifically for Electric Center,apologies in advance for pushing this stuff,and going off on a tangent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.