Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MASTER ELECTRICIAN IN FLORIDA WILL LEASE LICENSE OR SIMPLY BE THE QUALIFIER FOR ANY/ALL FELLOW CONTRACTORS WHO WISH TO DO JOBS IN FLORIDA, DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS I CAN NO LONGER WORK IN THE FIELD, HOWEVER CAN HOLD THE LICENSE, PULL PERMITS AND ASSIST SUPERVISING TO ENSURE JOB IS DONE TO CODE AND COMPLETED ON TIME. can be contacted at : [email protected]

·
Tool Fetish
728 Posts
Boy, I'd check the licensing laws in your state. That's quite illegal here in NJ. The only people that your licence can cover here must be employees that are on your payroll and you are responsible for the work. We are allowed to have joint ventures here but both contractors are required to hold NJ licenses.

·
Premium Member
18,834 Posts
Boy, I'd check the licensing laws in your state. That's quite illegal here in NJ. The only people that your license can cover here must be employees that are on your payroll and you are responsible for the work. We are allowed to have joint ventures here but both contractors are required to hold NJ licenses.
He is doing it properly. He will just need to become a W-2 Employee, prove he can supervise the business operation, and pledge everything he owns to ensure all of the suppliers are paid and all of the work his shop has gets completed or he will have to put his tools on and finish them at his own expense. The State of Florida doesn't allow you to hide behind the protection of a corporation. The buck stops with the EC license holder.

·
Registered
Retired EC and Fuel distribution contractor
938 Posts
The State of Florida doesn't allow you to hide behind the protection of a corporation. The buck stops with the EC license holder.
I wonder what life would be like if there was zero corporate veil, for anything. You're in charge, it's your personal responsibility. All businesses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts