Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I would like to know if anyone has any idea what the going rate is for a qualified person "rent license". Would like to work under their license as a business owner. I do not qualify for the license requirements. Short by 2 years and unable to work for some one else as I have another business in a different field. Just wanting someone to sit on the sideline and collect a fee.
Thanks for any input on this.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
New to the forum. I would like to know if anyone has any idea what the going rate is for a qualified person "rent license". Would like to work under their license as a business owner. I do not qualify for the license requirements. Short by 2 years and unable to work for some one else as I have another business in a different field. Just wanting someone to sit on the sideline and collect a fee.
Thanks for any input on this.

Welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

Is the legal in your state?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not sure about arizona laws. But in florida the qualifier has to have daily participation in the business and is responsible for all finances. Im sure some others will chime that have more experience with this stuff. I do know a friend mine charges 10% right off the top..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about arizona laws. But in florida the qualifier has to have daily participation in the business and is responsible for all finances. Im sure some others will chime that have more experience with this stuff. I do know a friend mine charges 10% right off the top..

is responsible for all finances. Not true. Two ways to do it.

10% owner or Employee/qualifier. Lots of people do it in Florida with no hands on but they are risking their license.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Believe me large companies do it in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
Any idea of what the "going rate" might be?

I'd love to do that for the next 5 years, but I'd have to have daily involvement with the projects.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have no idea, if I need a license I would just hire somone with a license and pay him over scale.
That's risky in Florida. Here , The license is attached to a company and liability insurance, Workers comp Insurance. It is legal in Florida but needs to be done the right way. Can't pull a permit for Billy Bob if your name is Bubby Ray.

By the way, I have an EC license to qualify in Florida. Includes LV and Alarm. I would be on payroll as employee. all legal. No work in the field except to supervise and inspect.

butchernyatoutlookdotcom.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,178 Posts
Florida pay rates are a stinking joke. For qualifiers as well.

I will give you a mactip of the day! Ten grand a month minimum, and a company vehicle in new condition so that you can supervise all work done under your leadership. Also , you get full access to the books and full access to the companies Dunns number so you know whether they are paying their bills on time or not. Then you will also want them to indemnify you and hold you harmless and defend you in any tort actions so you need to have an attorney draw up a proper agreement for that as well and get it notarized at signature time.

Reactions: BuzzKill

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
I'm hearing $500-1250 per month in fForida. Depending on the size of the company.
We are currently looking for someone to qualify an alarm business in the state of Florida. $ 750.00 per month. If interested please e-mail [email protected] for more details.
Thank you.
Why would I rent my license out for somewhere between $25 and $62.50/day....$3.12 - $7.81/hr?
[assuming 20 working days per month or 8 hours per day]

Thats almost less than minimum wage!

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,440 Posts
Rent my license and be responsible for the work of someone I don't know--- sorry. If they want to work in this state then they can get the license or give me the job. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.