Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i have question about electric panel grounding system when there is no water main coming in from the house. This house use well pump to run the water in the house. code mention that you need grounding from water main and 8ft rod. I installed 8ft rod grounding. Where can l get other grounding system?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,923 Posts
Hello , i have question about electric panel grounding system when there is no water main coming in from the house. This house use well pump to run the water in the house. code mention that you need grounding from water main and 8ft rod. I installed 8ft rod grounding. Where can l get other grounding system?
Well casing other grounding system if is metal. English language class at local school.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
tjy1004 said:
You should install a second ground rod at least six feet away from the first. If there is metal piping in the house you bond that too. If the well line is metal, bond that where it enters the house.

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
If the water pipe coming in is plastic then you need to drive two rods at least 6' apart. If the pipe inside the house is metal then you need to bond the piping.

At the well the equipment grounding conductor of the circuit feeding the pump should be used to bond the casing at the well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts