Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have recently renovated my house and I have hired an electrician to so my electrical in my kitchen, he is currently on vacation and I am doing last minute touch ups on the house

I was about to put in my oven and I have a separate cooktop so it's just a oven

The stove has #12 wire coming out of it with a sticker that says use #8 wire
There is no sticker or anywhere that says how much the oven draws

My electrician ran #6 wires on a double pole 40

Would this be correct since he has a wire 1 size wire up ?

I need my stove hooked up ASAP

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hello

I have recently renovated my house and I have hired an electrician to so my electrical in my kitchen, he is currently on vacation and I am doing last minute touch ups on the house

Best ,call your lectrician and have him hook it up A.S.A.P.....OR do a home owner smoke TEST..

·
Banned
749 Posts
Best ,call your lectrician and have him hook it up A.S.A.P.....OR do a home owner smoke TEST..
I love smoking before I have to deal with home owners, it is groovy

it's been tested & it works

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an electrician to do the rough inn , my oven was supposed to be inn last week before he left and we had a few problems getting it delivered , so it came inn today and I just wanted to hook it up so we can use it and not wait 2 weeks

What do you mean by smoke test ?

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
I have recently renovated my house and I have hired an electrician to do my electrical in my kitchen, he is currently on vacation and....
Everyone needs a vacation :thumbsup:

... I am doing last minute touch ups on the house
...there goes the warranty :whistling2:

Who on the face of the planet, at any point in time, needed to so desperately connect a stove they would do it themselves without any clue what they are doing?

Order take-out or fire up the outside grill and lighten up Francis.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Your wife is going to be real happy when her brand new fancy pants oven gets fried and she has to wait another month for another one.

Wait the 2 weeks, or call another electrician in the phone book to come in and wire it properly.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Your wife is going to be real happy when her brand new fancy pants oven gets fried and she has to wait another month for another one.

Wait the 2 weeks, or call another electrician in the phone book to come in and wire it properly.
Your insurance is going to be real happy when your wife is electrocuted and they don't have to pay because you did the wiring yourself and messed it up.
The DA will love that they have a potential murder case.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Hello

The wiring in an appliance does not follow the NEC standard. The reason why the wire is thinner is because the insulation is designed to handle a much much higher temperature without failing than the wiring up to it.

#6 on a 40 amp is correct. If that #6 is aluminum make sure the pig tails on the stove can handle that.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I got an electrician to do the rough inn , my oven was supposed to be inn last week before he left and we had a few problems getting it delivered , so it came inn today and I just wanted to hook it up so we can use it and not wait 2 weeks

What do you mean by smoke test ?
did you also hire this electrician for the trim out (i.e.- devices after sheetrock) as well?

~CS~

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
Ivan.car8989, please be more aware of the rules when joining a message board. The ones on the sign up page of this site a VERY clear.

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.