Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a question about running 220 out to my garage. I want wire up my 220 air compressor in my garage. My breaker box in my house is aprox. 125' from my garage on the opposite side of my house. I have been told I could run 8-3 wire out from my existing box out to a 100 amp box in my garage? Should I have a 40 amp breaker in my house? And in my garage? Or just have one in my house? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanx

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
hire an electrician

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on it....talked to a cpl in my area......small town.....they told me to get the supplys. Im just trying to get some input

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.