Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
cog
5,292 Posts
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/vdgllry/wtchds/menu-eng.html?clp=wtchds/trdsprsn-eng

This great cheesy animated video did a pretty good job of explaining the tool tax claim process to me. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had any experience claiming tools on their tax and if it made a significant difference on your return?
I have claimed them. At the time, I needed to get a form filled out and signed by my employer stating that I was responsible for purchasing the tools and that I needed them to earn my living. I don't recall how much it improved my return, but every bit that comes off your taxable amount is worth a few minutes of paperwork no?

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
Depends on your income obviously, but last time I claimed the maximum amount I believe I got an additional $20 back.

Get yourself some tax software and file for yourself. It's very easy and you can quickly see how much a certain write off contributes towards your return.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on your income obviously, but last time I claimed the maximum amount I believe I got an additional $20 back.

Get yourself some tax software and file for yourself. It's very easy and you can quickly see how much a certain write off contributes towards your return.
Yeah, especially if you can only claim up to $500, makes it pretty easy to find receipts to make up that amount. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts