Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, for those who have spoken to me on my other post knows my situation, I was able to find out that the next electrician apprenticeship is in july, but there is an opening for the electrical engineering apprenticeship next month, what are your guys opinions? should i go for the eng. or wait till july

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
What do you want to do? Engineer work, or do the physical work? Understand that you're not applying for a job at the corner deli - this is a lifetime career decision, don't let a few months difference in start determine the outcome of the rest of your life.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that, but i am really confused right now, i am in my 1st year of college now going for my electrical engineering degree, i figured it would be better to go for the electrical engineering apprenticeship now and gain my experience while in college but then again i can go for the electrician apprenticeship and be in college for my major as well, then that will give me the best of both worlds, but i want to know somebody's opinion would be on this?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
If you become an electrician apprentice, you'll be working a minimum 35 hours 5 days a week, and attending school 2 nights a week for 10 months per year for 5 years. It would be difficult to attend another college (when would you?) for engineering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well what I found out was that the classes are in the morning before work, and its 5 days a week from 7am-3pm so I figured I would take the college classes at night. the question now is whether I should go for the electrician oppurtunity in july or the electrical engineering oppurtunity in january

1 - 7 of 7 Posts