Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 3rd year apprentice here currently living in Montreal, but looking to move would anybody know if my hours would be recognizable anywhere across Canada?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Electrician & Electronics Technologist
1,230 Posts
Generally it seems like your hours can count if you were registered as an apprentice. You typically have to fill out a bunch of paper work and prove you did the hours (keep your pay stubs).

Be thankful you are not going from Canada to Quebec...they make things hard there for the other provinces.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know where abouts I can find this paper work? Trust me the way this province works I would highly recommend no one comes here for trade lol

·
Registered
Electrician & Electronics Technologist
1,230 Posts
Each province has their own way of doing it.

In Ontario you will be licensed through Ontario College of Trades (OCOT). But I wouldn't come to ON for an apprenticeship....pretty slim pickings here. But if you do, start here:
http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/trade-assessment

I am going to be moving to NL shortly, so I am looking up what to do to be licensed there. Once I find out, I can post it here as well. Or if anyone wants to do me a favour and tell me where to start, that would be great also!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts