Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hackenschmidt
14,347 Posts
Are there firewalls you are penetrating?

I think running across the roof would be less manhours than going through all these businesses in the ceiling.

Have you actually looked in the ceiling? Is it a straight shot through the ceiling or is there duct work and "stuff" in the way?
Both good points. I would assume you're going to have to firestop every penetration between tenants.

I wouldn't bid this without a thorough look over the ceilings no matter how much of a hurry they are in, you could take it in the shorts

· Hackenschmidt
14,347 Posts
So are you going to use factory bends or are you going to bend it? I'd be using factory bends. I'd rather make the money for the labor for bending than give it to the factory, but there will be less scrap and less temptation to get artistic, less chance of things going south.

Is this mostly straight shots across the back of the stores, just under the bar joists? If so that part is pretty easy to estimate.

Depending on the construction of the demising walls between tenants, the penetrations could be easy if it's a single block, hard if it's some bunker type construction.

I would see the big unknown the last 50' of each run.

Don't forget to check current pricing on your JB's, LB's, mogul LB's, and C condulet bodies carefully.

Put an expiration date on the quote, put an escalation clause in there, etc. etc. cover every eventuality just in case.

· Hackenschmidt
14,347 Posts
No option to run along the back of the building near the roof?
That was the second option but there are 6 inch PVC down spouts for the roof drainage and a lot of gas piping, windows, and exhaust fans to go over.
Consider these before you rule out going around the outside - probably $1,000.00 of brackets but it could easily pay for itself, think how fast 400 feet would go... it might even simplify getting down to the panels.

Table Rectangle Font Cylinder Parallel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts