Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone describe a situation in which a BELL BOX will be used because a regular 1900/handy box cannot?

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Buried under sod, with a map for the property owner.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,418 Posts
An atmosphere which is corrosive to steel but not to zinc.

Also, a BellBox is more resistant to dust than a 4sq.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I had a customer request them be used (and I agree with him) to use them for all surface mounted receptacles in a particular area. It seemed the students would get bored and stick "stuff" in the holes in the box. They would even push in the knockouts on the boxes. He showed me some existing boxes as an example. They also look better than a 4"sq box IMHO.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I had a customer request them be used (and I agree with him) to use them for all surface mounted receptacles in a particular area. It seemed the students would get bored and stick "stuff" in the holes in the box. They would even push in the knockouts on the boxes. He showed me some existing boxes as an example. They also look better than a 4"sq box IMHO.
In a school classroom?:eek:

·
Modérateur
8,692 Posts
A standard 1900 used for a pendent is also an NEC violtion.

It is debatable if the listing of a Bell Box allows pendent use but I have done it.

Oui., Of course that something I am aware with the NEC voliation it the same thing with our French Nomes too they don't like it either.,

Bell Box is ok as long it have some type of pendent guywire to support it mais I have ran without the pendent guywire few time they were ok in some area but most case .,, non.

Merci.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts