Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was wondering what would you say is the next best certification or position to go for after becoming a Journeyman that will get me out of my bags and bak to a desk? I don't have a desire to be a foreman but a project manager or something dealing with plc or motor control, a safety officer something along those lines maybe? I know theres so many opportunities that open up after journeyman i am jus curious which is the best or more interesting way to go that will take me beyond a Journeyman skill set. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
503 Posts
The quickest way if you are looking for a project manager job is to get the jobs you are on done on time, under budget, and leave a satisfied customer. Keep doing this, and making money for the company will get you recognized and move you up the ladder. If you are making money for the boss you are a valuable man.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
If you're anywhere near San Luis Obispo call Cal Poly and inquire at their construction management program (Chico State has Construction Management also).Perhaps they have an electrical related management program.
Be the real deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts