Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing a job where we would supply and install Rab LED Wallpacks. They're a 26 watt LED Wallpacks cat. #RGWPLED26. They will be on from dusk to dawn on a photo eye? Anyone have an issue with the Rab LED Wallpacks?

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
From what I've see of LED wallpacks, I'm impressed. The new LED streetlight is impressive as well, and little to no light pollution to boot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I replaced all the exterior lighting at my property with these. I was replacing a combination of 70w wall packs 150w wall packs and a few 250w MH floods a total of 13 fixtures. I used 20 watt to replace the 70w, 30w to replace the 150s and 50w to replace the 250s. Been about 10 months and no problems. It it brighter then ever and energy smart. We have installed 10 or so for customers and they all have loved them. Only time will tell about there reliability. They are very sharp looking with a very small footprint.

Cooper Crosstour LED

·
Registered
11 Posts

Some of RAB lighting LED products require you to use their housings, Ive had some issues with the female threading to the boxes and also with the finish screws stripping out.

·
Premium Member
19,760 Posts
View attachment 33739

Some of RAB lighting LED products require you to use their housings, Ive had some issues with the female threading to the boxes and also with the finish screws stripping out.
I picked up a couple of these for $35 at a supplier that had them on a clearance shelf.
I haven't opened them just because they look like a PITA to install over a flush mounted round junction box.
And the whole cantilever thing makes it look like it would need more than a couple of tap cons to install.

How did you mount yours?

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
I picked up a couple of these for $35 at a supplier that had them on a clearance shelf.
I haven't opened them just because they look like a PITA to install over a flush mounted round junction box.
And the whole cantilever thing makes it look like it would need more than a couple of tap cons to install.

How did you mount yours?
They are ok just not very bright.

·
Registered
11 Posts
jrannis said:
I picked up a couple of these for $35 at a supplier that had them on a clearance shelf. I haven't opened them just because they look like a PITA to install over a flush mounted round junction box. And the whole cantilever thing makes it look like it would need more than a couple of tap cons to install. How did you mount yours?
This model the RAB supplied box is required,

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have installed in excess of 120 different (10.20,26 and 52 watt)RAB LED fixtures in the last 3 to 4 years where I work. I have had to replace 2 of them. We have had very good luck with them.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Before buying RAB... compare with these.. so far the people like them... http://www.e-conolight.com/shop-by-product/wall-packs/led-wall-pack.html
I use econolight all the time but you cannot compare a quality light like Rab with a cheapy econolight.

That Rab in the OP is a good fixture that you can actually get good light output and not embarrass yourself.
The econolights are good fixtures for someone on a budget but the Rabs will out light them everytime.
That said I use econolights 80% of the time. If I have a customer I want to impress and does not worry about money, then rab it is.
Rab customer service is unparalleled in out trade.

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
sbrn33 said:
I use econolight all the time but you cannot compare a quality light like Rab with a cheapy econolight. That Rab in the OP is a good fixture that you can actually get good light output and not embarrass yourself. The econolights are good fixtures for someone on a budget but the Rabs will out light them everytime. That said I use econolights 80% of the time. If I have a customer I want to impress and does not worry about money, then rab it is. Rab customer service is unparalleled in out trade.

My supply house won't carry econolight. They will order them in if you insist on it. However, they tell you up front they are junk and 8 out of 10 come back in the first year.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Never heard good things ab
Code:
out econolight. Buyer beware.
Really? Whats make you say this?

Several guys on here who seem to run some very successful operations endorse e-conolight. I have not usually supplied fixtures on my jobs in the past, but im starting to, and ive been trying some different suppliers. None have me sold yet, but e-conolight is my next stop.

Do you have any experience to back this claim?

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
My supply house won't carry econolight. They will order them in if you insist on it. However, they tell you up front they are junk and 8 out of 10 come back in the first year.
That is because Econolight is an online supplier. Supply houses can't order direct for any cheaper than you can.
All I can say is WOW.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts