Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
I've seen them and that's enough for me. The new styles just remind me of my tour in Germany I guess.

·
cog
5,292 Posts
At my new gig I've been tasked with selecting and upfitting a work vehicle. We're looking at the Promaster. Anyone here actually own one or at least has driven one?
c'mon over to tradeworks and ask hax. Or do a search, there has to be a cool zillion posts on exactly this topic right here. :whistling2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I own two. They are great vans I love working out of them. The turning radius is better then my f350's by a long shot. I have the 10,8, and two six footers inside I can post pictures later today if you would like some ideas of how I have them set up.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I wonder if they need a red truck with a snow plow attachment? :whistling2:

·
Estwing magic
26,422 Posts
c'mon over to tradeworks and ask hax. Or do a search, there has to be a cool zillion posts on exactly this topic right here. :whistling2:
No doubt he's still searching amazon for bin boxes and hasn't done a job in two months.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have one, been pretty good. Small issues as I have an early unit but all in all been great. Avg 16.2 mpg with a heavier mix of city driving. I can get 20+ if hwy miles. Turning radius is great, takes a bit to get used to sitting position but after a bit it's fine. Great power and stopping performance. I have the 1500 and with over 3700lb payload capacity I'm not even close lol.

I got some free shelving and adapted it to fit. Not perfect but works for me and doesn't squeak or rattle.

Attachments

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
I think the ram promaster is a great van for the room it has in it. I'm gun shy because of the small V6 engine in a 1 ton. I'd load it down and not sure if a V6 could handle that load daily. Also it being a front wheel drive I wonder how it handles in the winter. So much weight in the back takes the weight off the front wheels. You'll have no traction. The research I found they were used in South America and Mexico. Not a whole lot of snow down there. Will they get up an icy hill all loaded up? Too many unknowns to drop 40K on it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
They are heavily used in Europe where they originated from as a Fiat Ducato. I suspect they have snow there too. Here is a schematic I found while crude it shows the CG of the promaster. I drove mine all winter and it was unstoppable in New England. The traction control was great. And they can be had for well under30k fwiw

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have one, been pretty good. Small issues as I have an early unit but all in all been great. Avg 16.2 mpg with a heavier mix of city driving. I can get 20+ if hwy miles. Turning radius is great, takes a bit to get used to sitting position but after a bit it's fine. Great power and stopping performance. I have the 1500 and with over 3700lb payload capacity I'm not even close lol.

I got some free shelving and adapted it to fit. Not perfect but works for me and doesn't squeak or rattle.
That looks like a small warehouse.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.