Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering how can i properly test a device's tolerance level.

We have a PSU that is rated for either

AC: 100v-245V, DC: 12V

on their website

What i found labeled on the box says
AC : 100v - 127v DC 12v

We have heard rumors that people in Chile with the Paticular PSu are having their PSU's burnt out. Their voltages are :
Electrical Outlet :5 Volt AC220 Frequency 50

I bellieve the PSu should be able to tolerateit IF it was rated for 245v but i cant be sure until i test it. How can i properly asses what the issue is or test it's tolerance level? Any Help is appreciated

I apologize if i am not using the corrent terminology or wording the questions properly.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering how can i properly test a device's tolerance level.

We have a PSU that is rated for either

AC: 100v-245V, DC: 12V

on their website

What i found labeled on the box says
AC : 100v - 127v DC 12v

We have heard rumors that people in Chile with the Paticular PSu are having their PSU's burnt out. Their voltages are :
Electrical Outlet :5 Volt AC220 Frequency 50

I bellieve the PSu should be able to tolerateit IF it was rated for 245v but i cant be sure until i test it. How can i properly asses what the issue is or test it's tolerance level? Any Help is appreciated

I apologize if i am not using the corrent terminology or wording the questions properly.
Copy and paste your question here... http://www.diychatroom.com/

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,053 Posts
Can you tell me what a QC manager is???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quality Control Manager

I make sure everything the company distributes has no issues or wouldnt cause our distribution company backlash. Even though it is not our product, we do distribute it and take responsibility if it is not to par with high quality. We have asked the manufacturer to double check the tolerance level but have yet to obtain a response so im taking it upon myself to learn how to check tolerance levels for future occurances.

I mainly troubleshoot equipment at an end-consumer level to ensure all probabilities can be considered.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,053 Posts
It seems to me the voltage is 100-127v input but the output must be 12V DC

I would not count on the website but rather what is on the power supply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts