Electrician Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
I has a job as dishwasher in HS, and the place had rats:no:.....who are quite friendly when offered food;)......so i fed this one pair of rats :).......they'd know it was my shift too, come 'round to see me:thumbup:.......one day a waitress came in and found me dining with Mrs & Mr Rat:eek:.....so much for that career....:laughing:~CS~:no:

·
Super Moderator
16,348 Posts
They can....unless it energized. Then they have a hard time getting all the way through.:laughing:
I had a dog that liked to chew. he even liked to chew on cords for lights and such.
One day he got a mouth full of smoke and never ever chewed on anything but food from then on!

I has a job as dishwasher in HS, and the place had rats:no:.....who are quite friendly when offered food;)......so i fed this one pair of rats :).......they'd know it was my shift too, come 'round to see me:thumbup:.......one day a waitress came in and found me dining with Mrs & Mr Rat:eek:.....so much for that career....:laughing:~CS~:no:
When i worked for the railroad, in the shop at night you could see all their little beady eyes peering out from under the work benches.
So I brought my slingshot and set up a chicken leg bone on the floor right in front for an easy shot. I kept missing and losing the bone.

So I tied the bone to a chair leg with wire.
I had to leave and actually do some work and when i returned, the chair had been pulled all the way over to the work benches and the bone was gone again.
Smart and strong little ****ers.

I had one come running right towards me once and i stomped my feet to scare him. The rat made a hard sharp right hand turn and fell right into an open well.
That rat tread water for almost a week before he finally died or got out somehow.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Rats can even chew through prison bars......that's why they are never in jail after they get caught.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I had a no dial tone trouble ticket at a mobile home. Isolated the wire causing the trouble. As I was pulling the defective wire out I could see where something had chewed on it. I mentioned it to the owner and he told me, rats live under the trailer. I tied a new wire to the defective wire, pull it in and hooked it up without going under the trailer. Told the owner "see you next week after the rats chew thru the new wire".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts