Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wearing combat boots since I was in Air Force basic training in 1970. My company now requires electrical workers to have electrical hazard footwear. I don't remember having this requirement forty years ago. So what do guys doing electrical work in the military wear now?
Maybe it's time for me to retire.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Love me some paratrooper boots, some of the greatest boots ever made.
Really? We had to wear jump boots for parades, inspections and ceremonies and those things got real uncomfortable standing at parade rest for hours on end. We wore regular combat boots the rest of the time.

If I had to go on comfort alone - the desert gotex boots are probably the best, waterproof and really just a good looking pair of boots. My bro-in-law still wears his, I dont think I've put a pair of boots on other than wolverines since I got out. I prefer sneakers most of the time.

·
Registered
Electrician
3,589 Posts
I was issued a pair of mountian boots weeks before I retired.
Still have them sitting in the closet, never worn.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
837 Posts
I have been wearing combat boots since I was in Air Force basic training in 1970. My company now requires electrical workers to have electrical hazard footwear. I don't remember having this requirement forty years ago. So what do guys doing electrical work in the military wear now?
Maybe it's time for me to retire.
Belleville boots are EH rated, been wearing them since basic. http://www.bellevilleboot.com/index.php :thumbup:

·
Chairman of the Bored
9,774 Posts
Really? We had to wear jump boots for parades, inspections and ceremonies and those things got real uncomfortable standing at parade rest for hours on end.
Bought mine used at army navy stores! Someone else's feet took the initial torture.:laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts