Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my phone fixed ........pics without explainations

Well, gotta go hack some more jobs in...

Attachments

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Probably 3/8 flex used for protection. Didn't have a connector type thingy.

Tape? Some guys can't leave that stuff alone. I still have 75% left on the roll I got last Christmas.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Considering that I've seen the cable guys run a ground to PVC conduits I'd say they done good to actually find an honest ground to tie to. They still need to work on the gray wire thing though.

·
Banned
7,230 Posts
Tape? Some guys can't leave that stuff alone. I still have 75% left on the roll I got last Christmas.
I tape everything. Things are better with tape. Tape prolongs an electrical installation by 37% and saves 14% more lives than using no tape. In an emergency, old tape can be removed and re-used for an a more important issue.. its good to have tape everywhere, never know where or when you'll need it. Also I've never been shocked because I tape my fingers every morning before starting work.

This is how much tape I used just reading this thread.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who spliced that BX to the Romex?:blink:
That was my end of the day handy work, I used the old conductors to pull new ones to the exterior light. Otherwise I'd have to break the box and mortar out to get the jacket into the box. It's hack season.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Maybe it's obvious, but what's wrong in the second pic?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe it's obvious, but what's wrong in the second pic?
Are u referring to the 12/2 NM temp lighting line running thru the ceiling? I should have scrapped it but left it.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Are u referring to the 12/2 NM temp lighting line running thru the ceiling? I should have scrapped it but left it.
One thing that I have been addicted to since doing electrical work is scraping. Now, I understand that when your full steam, like the way it seems you are, you dont have the time to pick up every bit of scrap wire laying around. But leaving a bunch of scrap wire on a job site is like leaving a twenty dollar bill on the ground, it hurts my feelings.

Unless I was super busy, I would go back for the temp lights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts